Sunday 15 April 2012

Sunday splendour: 15 April 2012

Ah, Lovelies! I'm so pleased I'm starting up 'Sunday splendour' again. For those new to Planet Baby, I wrote this series of posts for a few months early last year. They highlighted some of the serendipitous surprises, delicious discoveries and joyful moments in my week. Whilst I originally wrote them as a place to collate my favourite bits and bobs, they soon became an essential way to start my new week on a positive note. I also really enjoyed your feedback and shared delight. 

I wrote them up until 7 weeks before my darling Dad died. And then I just wasn't in the right headspace to start writing them again. Eight months on, I now am. I hope you enjoy them! So, without further ado, let me share some of the splendid things I’ve enjoyed this week.  

*I feasted upon* this luscious lemon tart from our local patisserie, Jean-Pascal, as we hosted afternoon tea for old neighbours and their 14 month old sweet little girl, Tessa. It was the perfect morsel to enjoy as I watched Miss India's delight in having a little girl to play with. She was just so kind and gentle with her - it made my heart swell. 
 * I discovered* this well-written tutorial here to make these delicate paper flowers. Aren't they just divine? I think I'll make some this week, if Sabrina the Splint keeps providing her much-needed support. Hmm, now to choose which book pages to plunder? I have a stash waiting for this very project! I'll let you know how I go.
Source
* I enjoyed* finding these pretty gumboots here. Hmm, a shame about the price, though. No matter - I bought some others in town which I'll show you soon. And once the new season Cotton On gumboots hit the store, we'll have the pixies re-shod, lickety-split. And that, gorgeous Planetarians means a new blog header to replace last year's gumboots! 
Source
* I created* this blue buttoned heart for my sweet new little nephew with a lot of love in my heart. His joyful arrival is just the tonic we need in our family right now. So this present was made in a truly heartfelt way. And my little sister gushed over it which made me happy.

* I read this* interesting post on how to package your Etsy shop products for customers. It was part of a very informative series of posts by a handful of successful Etsy crafty mavens with all sorts of useful tips on running an Etsy shop. I am lapping all this information up as I prepare my own Etsy store (yippee!!). I was so delighted to see a fellow Planetarian and my sweet friend, Jami, featured in it. Do pop on over to her blog, Freckled Laundry, and say hi from me - you'll love it there, I promise. 
Here's how Jami packages her gorgeous goodies!
* I watched* an oldie but a goodie, 'The Ship Song' on YouTube. 
I could watch it hundreds of times and never tire of it. Do click on it if you're unfamiliar with it (especially those living outside Australia) - I promise you'll love it! 

It's the iconic Nick Cave song, performed throughout the Sydney Opera House by numerous luminaries such as Neil Finn, The Australian Ballet, Sarah Blasko, John Bell, Angus and Julia Stone, Paul Kelly and Bangarra Dance Theatre, Teddy Tahu Rhodes and Opera Australia, Martha Wainwright, Katie Noonan and The Sydney Symphony and the Australian Chamber Orchestra. 

It makes me *so* incredibly homesick for Sydney and reminds me for the millionth time why I adore that city!

So, lovely Planetarians, what was splendid in your week? And did any of my snippets take your fancy? Do share – let’s start the new week on a positive note!
Photobucket
Edited on 9 June 2012 to add it to Steph's linky party The Universal Need to Make at Bondville.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...