Saturday 14 April 2012

Some Saturday soul food: Anonymous

Hello, Lovelies. Thanks for your support about my dithery state! I'm relieved to find some fellow ditherers amongst you Planetarians ☺. I guess I just have to take it one day at a time at the moment and just do the basics. To help me regain a little of my much-desired equilibrium, I'm restarting my two weekend post series - Some Saturday Soul Food and Sunday Splendour. What do you think? I'm quite chuffed to have them return as they seem to elicit such interesting and varied responses from you all. And it means I have two posts a week easily sorted - bonus!

I've chosen this one which seems to often be erroneously attributed to George Carlin. I've tried to Google the author without success. Do let me know if you are any the wiser.

1. Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height.

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
                                        Source: wallflowerfriends.com via Jane on Pinterest


3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop". And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
                             Source: schauerhamer.blogspot.com via Morgan on Pinterest


6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Be alive while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
                                Source: wickerandstitch.blogspot.com via Jane on Pinterest

8. Cherish your health:

If it is good, preserve it.

If it is unstable, improve it.

If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the shops, to the next county, to a foreign country but not to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them at every opportunity.

And always remember:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
                               Source: chasingthegreenfaerie.tumblr.com via Jane on Pinterest


I particularly relate to #2, something I've finally deduced after 41 years! I totally agree with #3 - I never want to stop learning. I need to do #5 more often. I completely *get* #6, of course. I'm finding #7 becomes even truer by the day. I'm slowly learning to follow #9 - I'm definitely a WIP on that score! And I now enact #10 every single day.

I've made a printable version of this for you to enjoy - click here. Let me know if it works - it's a new program I'm trying.

So, over to you! Do any of these resonate with you? Has it taken you a while to work some of them out, like me? Or they all incredibly obvious to you? Do share - let's hear your thoughts. 
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...