Saturday 15 September 2012

Some Saturday soul food: Hermann Hesse

                                Source: rockstarbebezphotography.com via Linda on Pinterest

Hello, me again! I always look forward to Saturdays and finding some sweet soul food to share with you. This week it's a quotation from the eminent German-Swiss  poet, novelist, and painterHerman Hesse (1877-1962).
Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.
Wow! It's so simple, yet powerful, don't you think? 

I cherish such time alone without distraction when I can really tune out and just be. No demands on my time, nothing. Just me, alone with my thoughts. I find it very calming.

It can be such a challenge to remember to make the time to do it in our age of distraction. Having littlies around compounds matters, of course!

So tell me, do you agree with Herr Hesse? Do you make the time to tune into yourself like that? Or is it something you never get around to doing? I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...