Saturday 4 August 2012

Some Saturday soul food: Anonymous

and rose again
Source
Hello gorgeous ones. Just a quickie tonight after a fun family day - the cousins had a ball. For today's soul food, I've chosen a poem I haven't been able to attribute to anyone - please tell me if you know the author. But given where my head's at right now, I thought I'd share it. 

I do so not to be maudlin. Far from it. 

I find it immensely moving and uplifting. I hope some of you who've also experienced the death of a loved one can derive some comfort and emotional sustenance from it.

The photo above is how I feel at the moment, gazing wistfully into infinity and remembering.

This Heritage

They are not lost
who leave us this great heritage
of remembered joy.
They still live in our hearts
in the happiness we knew,
in the dreams we shared.

They still breathe in the lingering fragrance,
windblown from their favourite flowers.
They still smile in the moonlight's silver
and laugh in the sunlight's sparkling gold.

They still speak in the echoes of the words
we've heard them say again and again.
They still move in the rhythm of waving grasses, 
in the dance of the tossing branches.
They are not gone,
their memory is warm in our hearts,
comfort in our sorrow.

They are not apart from us
but a part of us.
For love is lasting.
And those we love
shall be with us always.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
Photobucket
PS Don't forget to enter my giveaway - it closes on Monday!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...