Sunday 22 July 2012

Some Saturday soul food: Nancy Long

                                      Source: 27.media.tumblr.com via Jane on Pinterest


Hello everyone It's some-Saturday-soul-food-on-a-Sunday today. The reason? This weekend I've had the delicious distraction of a dear girlfriend of mine being popped on a plane to Hobart for the weekend as a surprise by her thoughtful husband. He's at home minding their two young daughters, bless him. We haven't seen each other for 4 years so there's much gleeful catching up to do. So this will be brief as I want to get back to her!

This week, I've chosen a quotation from Nancy Long (I can't find a reference - let me know if you've heard of her).
Whether we name divine presence synchronicity, serendipity, or graced moment matters little. 
What matters is the reality that our hearts have been understood. 
Nothing is as real as a healthy dose of magic which restores our spirits.
Having my girlfriend staying here has reminded me of the joy of having my heart understood. It is an extraordinary feeling to have someone *get* me on all levels. She is a blessing to me. After a day and half, I already feel like my spirits have been restored. 

Do you have any special people in your lives who make you feel the same? I can't wait to hear your thoughts.
Photobucket
PS 'Sunday splendour' will return next week.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...