Saturday 16 June 2012

Some Saturday soul food: Cheryl Jacobs Nicolai

Bonsoir, mes amies! Mr PB took the pixies out fishing with gorgeous Mel's husband today after yesterday's events! Such troopers, those two - they had charge of our combined 7 children under 9! Worth their weight in gold, you might say. Mel and I are counting our blessings. I relished having some precious moments alone and treated myself to a visit to the inaugural Niche Market in Hobart. Catching up with sweet Ness and her family was a delight, as always. Now I have the pixies fast asleep after their adventure. Time to catch up on my two e-courses!
                                                Source: yanphoto.com via Misty on Pinterest

This quotation from the renowned American photographer, Cheryl Jacobs Nicolai, really caught my attention this week. 
Never compare your journey with someone else’s. It’s a marathon with no finish line.  
Someone else may start out faster than you, may seem to progress more quickly than you, but every runner has his own pace.   
Your journey is your journey, not a competition.
I *get* this. Finally. It's taken me most of my 41 years to work out but I got there, thank goodness! Not that I've ever been a 'keeping up with the Joneses' type person but more that I've finally realised that to a large degree, my destiny is in my own hands. 

It's my journey and I'm claiming it. 

And I no longer worry about what others think of me. Goodness, even writing that is a huge breakthrough for me, after a lifetime of fretting about that.   

A penny for your thoughts! Any insights to share? I'm all ears!
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...