Thursday 3 May 2012

Pinning pleasure: biking

Good evening, you sweet souls. Just a quickie tonight - an idea which has been rattling around in my brain for ages. I'm starting an occasional series of posts entitled 'Pinning pleasure' which will feature some of my most treasured photos from Pinterest. I stumbled across this brilliant site back in its early beta days and it's been such a thrill watching it evolve and improve over time. I used to store photos on We ♥ it and vi.sualize.us as well. But as Pinterest improved, some time ago I undertook the laborious task of transferring all of my images to Pinterest. I'm so glad I consolidated them all there as it's so much more manageable.

And to my complete surprise, I seem to have somehow accumulated quite a number of fellow pinners who are following my boards. So, if they like what they see, then I guess you Planetarians might as well. What do you say? Are you up for it?

If you're unfamiliar with it all, then click here to see my boards. I add to them every day so there's always something new to share and delight in.

You'll see my boards are in alphabetical order and use a verb theme throughout such as 'Ballooning' and 'Bathing'. I've also created some silly words to keep the theme consistent such as 'Garlanding' and 'Vasing' but hopefully they'll help you find what you're looking for!

I do my level best to properly attribute the original sources of all photos. That means the actual URL for the photo, if I can find it. If not, then I note the source as the website URL. Please let me know if there are any errors I need to correct and I'll do it pronto!

So, without further ado, let me introduce to you 'Biking'!
                                   Source: heatherbailey.typepad.com via Jane on Pinterest

This is one of my absolute favourite photos of all time. I have it printed out on one of my moodboards so I see it many times a day. It makes my heart sing. I love the whimsy, the bold colours, the divine dress in that swoon-worthy fabric, the basket with fresh flowers - it has it all for me!
                                             Source: matissecolor.blogspot.com via Jane on Pinterest

Now I'm not a pink girl by any stretch of the imagination but this just floors me! I guess it's because it just calls out 'Paris!' in such a joyful voice. The old-style bicycle, the lustworthy wicker basket and the jaunty tulips are all I need!
                                                 Source: flickr.com via Jane on Pinterest

Here's another variation, nonchalantly parked outside a cafĂ© at some gorgeous cobblestoned spot. Note the lack of ugly chain to the lamp post!
                                         Source: papillionaire.com via Jane on Pinterest


And to finish, this, my friends, is my dream bike from Papillionaire. They bill themselves as 'a Melbourne and Sydney based bicycle company designing new, affordable Dutch style bicycles for Australia and the world'. Isn't it just *sigh-inducing*?! But at $648, it'll stay on my wishlist for a while. Still, why not take a peek at their gorgeous site here and build your own!

So, tell us, are you a pinner? If you are, let us know the name you use so we can all peek at your pretty pins (you know how much I adore alliteration ☺). Do any of these bikes take your fancy? Or do you find Pinterest totally bamboozling? I can't wait to hear your thoughts.
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...