Saturday 7 April 2012

Celebrating Good Friday 2012 on Planet Baby

Our beautiful trio
Hello you gorgeous souls. I hope you're with your dear ones at this Easter time. Yesterday was another bittersweet day for us here as we marked Good Friday with a lunch on the back deck with all 3 grandparents. I'll let the photos tell the story.

The pixies were so thrilled at the prospect and spent ages helping decorate the table. Here's a long shot.
Can you see our river view in the distance?
And a view from the other end.
Yes, that shadow is me!
They foraged in the strawberry and raspberry patches to find the last of the harvest to decorate our plates.
Crystal glasses were polished.
Serviettes were laid.
There was a floral abundance to delight our senses.
That's Miss India's little Easter birdy from Kindy cheeping at the front!
Whilst indoors, my little friends surveyed the view.
Can you remember when I bought them a year ago from the florist near the hospital where Dad was staying? So much has happened since then.

Traditional fare was prepared including these luscious hot cross buns.
The barbecue was fired up outside to cook our crumbed blue grenadier.
And here's the scrumptious result!
We charged our glasses and toasted 'Family - what's pulled all us all through together over the past year'. I blinked back tears.

Then we revelled in the absolute delight of sharing our beautiful home in peerless weather with our precious pixies in our parents' company.

We even remembered to have a photo of the 5 of us taken!
And then it was time for tea, poured from my favourite celadon pot...
into my treasured collection of fine china teacups. 
My grandmother gave me a cup, saucer and plate set for every birthday between 9 and 18 years of age. I finally collected them from Mum's house the other day. This was the first time I had used them. I still had to concentrate on setting 5 of them, instead of 6.

This is my favourite.
Then the grandparents vamoosed, leaving us tired but happy.

As Mr PB snoozed on the couch, Mr Grief tapped me on the shoulder again and wham! Flashbacks of our last Good Friday came flooding back.

I spent the next hour or so hacking away at recalcitrant ivy, tears spilling down my face. I needed to do something useful with all my pent-up energy as my brain whirred away, thinking of my darling Dad. 

And then it was bath time so I wiped away my tears and headed back indoors. "Don't drop your bundle" I could hear Dad saying. So I didn't.

And so it goes. Life in its abundant glory smack bang up against deep grief. But at least it didn't rain on Good Friday as it usually does down here. The sun shone to remind me to count my blessings.

Wishing you all the most joyous and peaceful Easter
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...