Saturday 23 July 2011

Celebrating my first blogoversary!

Found here
Oh, my stars! This little occasion has quickly crept up on me, given all that's been going on here lately. One year, 187 posts and 3,802 comments later, it's time to bring out the Planet Baby Ceremonial Sparklers to mark my first blogoversary. Woo hoo! Here, take a sparkler and wave it around with me. Ooh, I am *enjoying* this moment with you all, my 364 fellow Planetarians. What a gorgeous bunch you are.

Never, when I hit 'Publish post' on my first post, did I imagine that blogging would bring me so much pleasure, awaken long-hidden talents and passions in me or allow me the privilege of sharing your lives, secrets, hopes and dreams.
Found here
A secret world discovered

How many rabbit holes have I fallen into, like Alice, as I've wandered around Blogland, getting my bearings? Tens of thousands, I'd venture. You know me - clickety click and away I go, discovering more pretty little havens in the vastness of this intriguing parallel universe we bloggers are fortunate enough to have discovered. It's like *our little secret*, don't you think? 

I've discovered so many non-bloggers just don't get it. Whenever I try to explain what blogging is to someone not in the know, so often their eyes just glaze over and the topic changes quickly. Ah, it's their loss, isn't it?

Friendships formed

One year ago, I would have laughed out loud if someone had suggested that through blogging and most importantly to logophile me, through words alone, I would form deep, soul-enriching friendships with like-minded souls all over the world. Or in the next suburb!

I consider myself truly blessed to count so many of you as dear friends, confidantes, partners-in-crime, muses, inspirers and soul-mates. C'est incroyable, the Francophile in me cries!

I've had the supreme fortune of nurturing many of our friendships 'offline' through emails, text messages, postcards, photos, parcels containing presents in the mail and even by meeting in person! I'm a lucky duck, indeed.
This heart from sweet Tina makes me smile whenever I see it
I can't imagine my life without my bloggy friends. So many of you have shown me such kindness, reassurance, wisdom, support, interest and encouragement over the past year. It is just extraordinary to me.

Rediscovering my identity

Over the past year, you gorgeous souls have helped me rediscover who Jane-the-person is, as opposed to Jane-the-wife, Jane-the-mum, Jane-the-daughter and Jane-the-friend. I can't thank you all enough. It's been such a *precious gift* to receive.

Through your encouragement and inspiration, I've awakened my latent crafty side, one I never knew existed before! Never, in my wildest dreams before I started blogging, would I have imagined myself creating this.
Or this.
Or these.
And I would never have believed the delightful finds I'd discover on Etsy and Booko. Thank goodness Planet Baby's new home has plenty of storage for all my new treasures! Now if only I could finish tidying up *my room of my own*... 

What lies ahead

Oh, I have so many ideas and hopes for my blog in the coming year, many of them inspired by the Blogging Your Way course I did - remember this post? Life has taken me down a different path lately but I'm looking forward to acting on those ideas. Several of you have also been collaborating with me on some projects which I'm excited about. Yes, I think this coming bloggy year will be *just splendid*.

I've already started by changing my header, thanks to Katrina Chambers, Planet Baby's Honorary Magician, waving her magic wand. These are the pixies' new gumboots on our new front doorstep. I love the simplicity and pops of colour.

Heavens! Eek, it's late - so much for bloggy rehab ☺. Mr PB is up watching the Tour de France but I'm off to bed before my coach turns into a pumpkin at midnight - 4 minutes to go! Bonne nuit.
Photobucket
Joining in with Laura's Post of the Month Club at Happy Homemaker UK on 30 July 2011.

51 comments:

  1. Dearest Jane

    Really happy that your journey has been up there with the best.

    Sending you warmth and may this next year of blogging in your new home take you to new heights.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogoversary! Happy you've enjoyed the journey so far, sweetie. I'm sure the next year will be *just splendid* indeed!

    xo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversarry Jane! It seems like so much longer. You put it all so well - I feel exactly the same way about blogging. I'm one of those friends in the next suburb and it's been lovely to meet you! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogoversary Jane! It has been such a pleasure to have met you through blogland. I have found it to be the best of therapies also and you're right, those who don't 'get it' really are missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! A wonderful milestone for a wonderful blog.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hip hip hooray! Happy Blogiversary Jane dear!
    It has been so nice getting to know you and becoming friends over the past year. It's so nice how we get to share in each other's lives over our blogs and truely make friends. Big birthday hugs to you! Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Jane!!!You are so right those who don't blog just don't get it! Letitia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a rich and precious gift you are Jane - it's been the greatest pleasure getting to know you and enjoying all the treasures that you so generously share.

    Your presence in Blogland is luminous and I'm looking forward to all that the next twelve months holds in store for you, all whom you love on PB and for us your lucky Planetarians!

    Félicitations!

    xx and the warmest of happy hugs dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! Happy 1st Blogiversary sweet Jane:) It feels like I have 'known' you forever! Like everyone, I am so glad you pushed that publish button for the very first time!! You are a very special part of Blogland, and hold a very dear place in so many hearts:) Hope you have a truly wonderful day!! (I am sooooo happy you love that tiny and simple little heart - thank you)! Much love ~ Txx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Jane on your 1 year anniversary. I imagine it has gone very quickly, looking back!Aren't you glad you were so brave? I agree with all the above. You are a very special person and it is an absolute pleasure walking beside you as we all walk through life... Pretty profound for a Sunday huh? Have a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Jane! You have had an amazing year and it was wonderful to be able to share it with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woop, woop...happy bloggy birthday Jane. I have enjoyed getting to know you and look forward to seeing what the next year has in store for you.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sparkle away dear Jane! It has been wonderful travelling with you this past year. You may have learned lots, but you've taught lots as well. And isn't that what it's all about :) Enjoy your blogging success and the joy it brings x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Big congratulations Jane on the 1 year mark! Biggest of hugs to you for all the joy you have shared with us and all of the challenges as well. I love to pop by your blog to see how you are going in your mothering role and delight in the joy you are finding in this journey. Keep up the awesome posts and I so hope I get to catch up with you soon. N x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your blogversary Jane. You are such an amazing lady who has brought such light and inspiration to blogland. I love reading your posts and most certainly believe that we can truly be ourselves in this forum..our little escape from the world! Wishing you a wonderful week XOX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Jane! In just over a month it will be my first too..you have said it all though..completely nailed it! I am so glad you're here too...and it does amaze me when people don't get blogging..I guess when we just talk about the mechanics they think it's boring and maybe they think about facebook when we talk about friendships and there is no comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay, one year, is the anniversary gift paper?? What an adventure you've taken us all on, love you long time & thinking of your papa, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  18. well, if felicity says it's worth popping over to share then it most certainly will be....and of course she's right!
    I share many of the feelings you have about your blog and look forward to reading your posts for the next 12 months.
    fee x
    (pleased to meet you)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful post Jane....Happy blogiversary! i know reading your posts are a wonderful part of my day & I am loving having you in my world.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jane

    I'm just new to bloggland Felicity from Gifts of Serendipity sent me, just want to say WOW Happy 1st year of blogging. I hope if you get time you pop over and join me and say hello http://lovewendysworld.blogspot.com

    I love looking around here!thanks for having me.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy bloggy birthday! You are so right about the glazed look of the non blogger... and how many wonderful clever people you meet in blogland! I love the rabbit hole comparison, I can really relate to it! Happy week dear! X

    ReplyDelete
  22. happy daze sweetie Jane :) and heres to another 365 days of blogging joy - hugs abound le xox ps wont let me sign in ... dearie :0

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations Jane, Happy Blogoversary.xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! May the road rise up to meet you as you journey towards your new goals and the second year in your blog adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! So glad we connected.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay, sweet friend! How very exciting for you! Sending hugs from your fan in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy blogiversary! I'm so happy that we connected via blogging and I look forward to lots more happy bloggy years.

    Can't wait to see what other fun things you have got planned!

    Best wishes and happy week,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  28. Midnight... goodness me Jane, I haven't seen midnight for about 10 years!

    Congratulations on making it 365 days here on these pages. How fitting I should scroll to the top and find you have 365 'members'. Love this space... gxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Happy Blogoversary Jane! Well done my friend, you have true commitment to your beautiful blog and it shows. I agree with everything you have said about blogging and the blogging world, it's an incredible space and a place I am so pleased I became a part of also. So happy to have met you, even if only virtually and in the past couple of months. All that I have followed, I have enjoyed and I look forward to sharing the journey with Life on Planet Baby, going forward :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wishing you a wonderful blogoverary Jane! I'm so happy we met in blogland and became friends! Hugs Tesca

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Anni! Can't wait to see what the next year brings - it is amazing the path it has led you so far, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Blogoversary, Jane! Your 'planet' is a truly wonderful place to visit - thanks for the lovely recap of your year and many more to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ah, you gorgeous souls. Thanks so much for all your encouragement and support. I truly value every single comment you all leave. Your warmth and support is helping me keep going right now. I really am blessed. J x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well done on a productive 12 months of blogging. What a great time to join you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh yay congratulations that's super exciting Jane!! I can't believe it's only been a year though. You've accomplished so much already and I can't wait to keep reading for many more years to come. You've created such a lovely little place to come so thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrats sweet Jane - It has been a pleasure indeed reading your posts and seeing what you have been upto. I consider myself so lucky for entering the blogsphere and meeting so many gifted, kind and talented people like yourself. Well done you and look forward to following you onwards. :O)
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy Blog-birthday Jane. Am slowly catching up on blogs and bits and pieces from the web. Hope you're move went smoothly and everything is settling down a bit now.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks, ladies. You've made my day. And right back at you, my friends! J x

    ReplyDelete
  39. You have summed up the beauty of blogging perfectly...and like you, it helped me to discover so many different and unexpected parts of myself.

    I can't believe you have only been writing for one year, you seem so experienced!!

    Congratulations to you Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yippee and happy birthday to LOPB. I can't believe I missed your blogiversary. Cheers to many, many more posts and lots and lots of comment love to come. x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations Jane on your blogging milestone. You may think you get lots out of fellow bloggers, but we all get a lot from Planet Baby too - your posts are always ones I look forward to and your comments truly appreciated on my own blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations my dear sweet friend on your blogoversary - what an amazing year for you. Blogging is such a wonderful gift we have all discovered - the friendships and the ability to write and really see our thoughts - it's something other people just wil never understand (unless they give it a go!).
    I do hope you've been getting some good early nights...a little bloggy rehab goes a long way :-)
    Here's to another year...
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  43. Woo hoo! How much fun is this? Lots of fun. I'm visiting from Happy Homemaker UK and am off to explore some more of your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  44. wow-well done-you seem to have achieved so much in only a year. I have been blogging for just over a year now-actually the year passed without me realising it-more than anything I love writing my journal of adventures! (visiting from the linky party!)

    ReplyDelete
  45. So honored to have met you in the blogosphere, sweetie! Keep doing what you are doing :) Thank you for joining Post Of The Month Club! XOLaura

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow!! Well done!! I can't believe it has taken me till your 1st blogoversary to find you (new follower). I am so pleased that you have found-and gained- so many things!

    Stopping by from post if the month.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  47. Why, thanks, ladies. I'm so thrilled to have found you all along the way. J x

    ReplyDelete
  48. Congratulations Jane! I can't believe it has only been a year... it feels like much longer to me! Must go see how long I have been blogging for now! x

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thanks, Em. I'm so delighted we found each other this way. J x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, you gorgeous soul. You've just made my day! J x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...