Hmm, hasn’t Blogger been a bad boy this week? Two major outages affected Australia for most of the time, with the latter causing global problems. Gee, doesn’t it make you think? So many of us bloggers rely on this free service to connect with each other on a level which is often far deeper than those closest to us. So to suddenly have that service cease working was quite an eye-opener for me. I haven’t taken a *blogcation* since I started blogging in July 2010. Suddenly, I had an enforced one. And I realised I missed you all terribly. I’m so delighted to be back and functioning in Blogland – I have so many of your posts to catch up on! Anyway, here are some of my splendid moments from the past week.
*I feasted upon* a delectable raspberry, coconut and chocolate cupcake (they’d sold out of macarons - sigh) over a hot chocolate with my dear friend, Sarah, at ‘the market’ which you’ve read about here before. I didn’t take a photo of it as I decided to be there *in the moment* with Sarah, revelling in her delightful company, instead of taking photos to use here. We had a blissful few child-free hours, wandering around the delightful stalls and nattering away at top-speed in the manner of mums-who-finally-have-some-time-to-themselves-to-talk-with-adult-mum-friends. Do you know how *intoxicating* that is?! Just heavenly.
* I discovered* this elegant world map decal at this Etsy shop. Hmm, the cartophile in me is interested in buying this for our new house. The pixies are starting to develop an interest in maps and globes which is delighting me no end. Now, which colour to choose? That will depend on the colour scheme we’re going to use to decorate the boys’ room – ah, the exciting possibilities! Yes, I am *slowly* starting to think about our new house…
* I enjoyed* buying these fabulous navy and floral Miss Marie gumboots.
For me. For our new house and all the gardening we will do there. Miss India was so delighted as they have pink flowers on them – we are now the ‘gumboot girls’ on Planet Baby!
* I treasured* holding my newborn nephew for the very first time. Oh, the velvety softness of his cheeks, the tiny gurgles and the joyful smile – just blissful. Just picking up his featherweight body made me realise how far along this motherhood journey I’ve walked already – Sammy already weighs about 3 times as much! My darling Dad was surrounded by his 6 grandchildren as he dozed off in his recliner chair in the afternoon sun, listening to the AFL footy match on the radio. He looked quite serene.
* I read this* uplifting post from one of my favourite blogs, Brave Girls’ Club, which really resonated with me after all that’s being going on at Planet Baby lately. Our long-cherished dream of owning a large, comfortable renovated house with huge backyard for the pixies is so tantalisingly close. But with so many ducks to be lined up in a row for it to eventuate smoothly, as we keep playing PB’s game of Monopoly, it’s hard not to lose focus and become disheartened. This post was just the tonic I needed to buck myself up and keep going. One day at a time. Only a few more weeks to go and hopefully, the move will all be over and we can turn the first page of the next chapter in our lives!
* I watched* quite a low covering of snow settle on Mount Wellington, the mother overlooking Hobart at her foothills. I have so many stories to share with you about this majestic presence. Whilst Hobart is ringed by many mountains and hills, she is known affectionately to Hobartians simply as ‘The Mountain’.
So, lovely Planetarians, there you have it, some of the sights and experiences which brightened my week. Hopefully the coming week will bring us some good news about the sale of our Sydney apartment and the letting out of our Hobart rental house. Please cross your fingers for us! I’ll also be enjoying celebrating my dear Dad’s 75th birthday with all my family present – more emotional times ahead for Planet Baby this week.
PS Don't forget to enter my giveaway. You have until Friday 20 May 2011 to enter – don’t miss out!