Saturday 16 March 2013

Starting the new school year

Oh my word. Thankyou ever so much for your warm welcome back to Blogland. I have been staggered by your interest and kindness. It has really buoyed my spirits. I'll respond to your comments shortly - I'm still finding my bearings a little. So, the next catchup post is about the pixies starting school and daycare for 2013. I relish taking photos of them to mark the occasion. They'll be a treasured family series once they've all left school. So in keeping with my new habit of shorter, more photographic posts, I present these beauties to you.
Joshua was so proud to be the leader of the gang here, resplendent in his new rugby top with its turned-up cuffs! He was heading off to Grade 2. 

India was so excited about starting full-time Prep, after only 3 days a week Kinder last year. She wore big girl plaits and clasped old Tommy Dog tightly. She's had an enormous growth spurt lately, to her delight.

And Sammy brought up the rear, all ready for Daycare again - one day a week. His best buddy Mike the Monkey accompanied him.
Miss India settled in straightaway, bless her. Love that pencil grip ☺.
She was as happy as Larry when we left her on the mat.
Joshie, meanwhile, gave me a Mum-please-hurry-up-you-are-embarrasing-me look!

I then took Sam to daycare. Alas, there are no photos of his arrival. After talking it all up with him, it was disappointing to discover he had moved rooms (news to us), didn't know his new carers and his friends weren't there. All hard to take when you're 3½! Thankfully, he soon settled in, to my profound relief.

And so another year starts. Next year, I'll have all three of them at school! I can't imagine what that will be like. Right, short post over. Next time, I'll fill you in on Planet Joy's growth. I'm looking forward to that!
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...