Sunday 28 October 2012

Some Saturday soul food: Brene Brown

                                                       Source: cl.ly via Jane on Pinterest

Well hello, sweet Planetarians. I've had a doozy of a week, full of stress, and haven't had the energy to blog. Hence this Some-Saturday-soul-food-on-a-Sunday post. So, just a quickie tonight - time for some beauty sleep ☺. I've chosen a sentence from the brilliant and inspiring US research professor, Brené Brown. I think she's just fabulous - I'll post more about her soon. You can read more about her here if your interest is piqued!
Understanding the difference between healthy striving and perfectionism is critical to laying down the shield and picking up your life.
Just brilliant. As a recovering perfectionist, I've been searching for this clarity for most of my 42 years. Brené has nailed it.

My battle is over. Well, largely over - I'm still a work-in-progress. Fighting for (non-existent and thus never achievable) perfection doesn't serve me well.

But 'healthy striving' - that's a concept I can live with. It's not just re-badged perfectionism. Rather, I think it's trying to always do my best in the circumstances. As opposed to an absolute which doesn't take into account the prevailing situation.


So, what do you all think about Brené's idea? Do you think she's talking sense? Or waffling? I can't wait to hear, as always!
  Photobucket
PS Thanks sooo much for your fabulous responses to my last post. I was flabbergasted to read them. I'll post my response shortly - promise!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...