Sunday 30 September 2012

Some Saturday soul food: Howard Thurman

                                                  Source: flickr.com via Jane on Pinterest


Well hello, you happy campers. I hope you've had/are having a stunning weekend. I'm a day late with this week's soul food - blame it on the AFL Grand Final yesterday! Tonight I've chosen something short and sweet by the noted American philosophertheologian and civil rights leaderHoward Thurman (1899–1981). 
Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. 
And then go and do that. 
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
This is *so* on the money, don't you think? By the end of the first sentence, I was thinking "Hmm, that's a bit selfish". By the time I'd finished reading, I'd changed my mind.

I think 'to come alive' is a fabulous concept. As I'm emerging from these long years of PND, I'm gradually feeling like I am. Thankfully.

And you gorgeous Planetarians are helping me no end in my aim. Thankyou! 

So tell me, what makes you come alive? Let's share thoughts and get the warm fuzzies flowing as well as find out more about each other. What do you think? I can't wait to hear what you come up with!
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...