Thursday 27 September 2012

Crafting up a storm

My new motto
Ooh, if only I could bottle your wonderful enthusiasm to my last post about my Etsy shop! You Planetarians are such heart-lifters. Just what a girl needs at a time like this ☺. Thankyou. My new iPhone should arrive tomorrow - yippee! While I've been waiting for it, I've been beavering away with my preparations. This little affirmation card which sweet Catherine gave to me really inspires me. George was a wise woman! Here are some snaps of what I've been up to. 

Packaging

I've been playing around with some old favourites to create my signature wrapping style. I don't mean that pretentiously. How a present is wrapped is almost as important as what's inside for me. I really want my customers to feel like I've made a special effort, just for them. That feeling is so often absent in this age of mass production, don't you think?

Sorting
I've relished peeking inside my favourite little crocheted basket to find my stash of Liberty swatches.
Miss India had such fun sorting them out with me.
Here are some of the blues. *Sigh*.

Making
I relished using my new ribbon to whip this little number up. I'm quite smitten with it. It *may* just stay with me, just quietly.
I found making this one, well, peaceful ☺.

Cutting

Before my new Liberty fabric arrived from the UK, I was using up small pieces like this.
Now I have this beauty in all its glory.
So I can do this instead! It's infinitely more satisfying.

Researching
Of course the lawyer in me thought I should do some *light reading*! Not that I have - yet.

Organising
I've had fun stocking up my new shelves. Those photos are still coming...

Designing
And to finish, today I created the banner for my Etsy shop. Here's a tiny snippet of it. Sorry to be a tease. I'm nearly there. Thanks for your patience ☺.

So tell me, do any of you have any tips for a rookie crafter about to open her first little venture? So many of you Planetarians are such crafty mavens and extremely knowledgeable. Do share - I know some of you are also eager to learn more as you consider opening your own Etsy shops. How about we make Planet Baby into Etsy 101 Central?!
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...