Hello lovely Planetarians, all 281 of you, and a special welcome to those who have hopped aboard this busy planet recently. I am completely taken aback by, and grateful for, your kind and thoughtful responses to my last post. I’m delighted so many of you are eager to follow me on this intriguing journey of self-discovery. Okay, all aboard? Let’s cast off the bow-line and head for the open waters! For some time, I’ve been mulling over how to use the hundreds of bookmarked links to blogs, posts, websites, Etsy sites and photos I’ve been salting away like a bowerbird for months. I’ve decided to start a weekly series of posts called ‘Sunday splendour’ (I love that word!). It will capture some of the week’s splendid things I’ve seen, done, thought about – that kind of thing. Now you can find out more about what makes me tick! I’ll use this gorgeous image of butterflies as the motif – they continue to lift my mood as they dart all over Planet Baby. So here goes…
* I feasted upon* an absolutely delicious French meal at my old favourite, Le Provençal (in South Hobart, for the locals), with the gorgeous Emma (whose fabulous blog many of you follow). We celebrated her recent 40th birthday and her impending first ever visit to Paris with her husband Stu and their little baby, Lottie. The food was sumptuous but I can’t even recall what I ate, so captivated was I by Emma’s sparkling company. For us to be dining alone and able to conduct entire conversations uninterrupted, was blissful.
* I discovered* this divine French washi tape at the Etsy shop of sugarbsupplies. Ah, the stationery lover and Francophile in me rejoiced! The blue tape has the prettiest French handwriting – swooning in Hobart! Yet another item added to my Etsy wishlist (you can peek at it in my sidebar!). Sigh.
* I enjoyed* week 3 of my Blogging Your Way course. Oh, the inspiration, practical information and helpful ideas have my brain at bursting point! I think this is the best money I have ever spent. And I mean that. Seriously. Holly shared her blogging ideas and tips so openly and generously. She is so down-to-earth and approachable. I can’t wait to put a lot of her suggestions into action. And then Leslie came up with such brilliant suggestions for photo composition – I particularly love her clever use of colour. Watch this space as I try to put some of her ideas into action!
* I created* this pretty envelope.
I used my new wooden envelope template I bought from Etsy shop GinaPurseFrame.
I traced around the template with a pencil, cut it out, flattened the edges with my metal ruler and then stuck it together with my trusty glue stick. Magic! So simple but satisfying. Now I want to buy some more pretty cardstock…
* I read* this post from the Brave Girls Club which really resonated with me, given my soul-searching following the creation of my BYW mood board. These lines captured where I’m at now – “I am going to be okay with being who I really want to be, I am going to finally be okay with living my potential”. That deserves a post all of its own – it’s been rattling around in my head for ages.
* I watched* Joshua compete in his first school house athletics carnival. He was just so thrilled to be part of a team and run his 40m race in front of his proud grandparents. Here he is at the starting line on the far right, raring to go.
After a couple of bean bag, ball and hoop relays, he had three ribbons proudly pinned to his chest. Isn’t his delight just radiating from his face?
So, my lovelies, I look forward to bringing you all a little *splendour* each Sunday. It's something for me to look forward to at the end of the week - and you too, I hope!